Autumn Nights Lecture Series
Even though this is a six part series, each of the evenings can be attended independently.
There is a catered celebratory graduation dinner at the end.
Mary’s Land Farm is pleased to present our 2019 fall lecture series: Autumn Nights on the Farm. This year’s talks will focus on what Mary’s Land is doing to encourage permaculture farming practices in our community. Each evening will include light refreshments, a 15 minute lecture followed by 15-30 minute demonstration and a question and answer time. Enjoy learning and the social conversation with wine and cheese. Each evening will allow time for you to take a reflective pasture walk–Farms and pastures offer a feast for the eyes during the day, but the same land reveals new secrets and sensory experiences in the evening twilight. Delight in the sights, sounds and smells of a diverse and healthy landscape. Such walks help one appreciate the connections between wild and domesticated spaces, and between ourselves and the land.
At the conclusion of the series, there will be a Celebratory catered Farm Dinner for all previous participants
Autumn Nights Lecture Series – Tuesday nights 7-8:30 PM at Mary’s Land Farm
Cost: $20 single event, $100 for all six
- Tuesday, Sept. 10 Why we are doing what we do. An overview of the goals behind Mary’s Land Farm.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24th No farm runoff here. What we are doing to save our Patapsco feeder stream
- Tuesday, Oct. 8th Carbon Sequestration on Farm: Can Cows Reduce Greenhouse Gases?
- Tuesday, Oct. 22nd Birds raised responsibly: The Big Chicken
- Tuesday, Nov. 5th Grazing Beef: Managed Intensive
- Tuesday, Nov. 19th Grazing Pork on Pasture: Pig Tales
- Celebratory Catered “Graduation” Farm Dinner Tuesday, Nov. 24 Cost: $50 pp