Mary’s Land Farm is a sustainable farm. Our goal is to raise and produce a variety of different animals and plants all working together in a regenerative ecosystem.
We practice environmental responsibility by
1. Controlling erosion by channeling the water where it is needed.
2. Getting carbon back into the soil where it belongs.
3. Generating our own solar power.
We raise a variety of livestock, all free to roam in pasture or woodland as best suits their nature.
The livestock on our farm include…
1. Pasture-raised beef steer & cows
2. Pasture-raised sheep
3. Woodland-raised pigs
4. Pasture-raised broiler hens (for chicken meat)
5. Pasture-raised layer hens (for eggs)
6. Foraging Ducks (for eggs)
7. We also raise turkeys for Thanksgiving.
We have planted and tend thousands of trees and bushes that are still too young to produce many fruits or nuts for us, but with continued time and care we anticipate a great harvest of local and native fruits and nuts in years to come.
We have a 90’ x 100’ greenhouse that allows us to extend our growing season for vegetables months before and after what could grow outside. We also grow vegetables outside during the regular growing season. We are now working on implementing a hydroponics system to grow vegetables year round.