Baking & Tasting Desserts with Secolari® and Ancient Grains
December 2 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$100
Learn how to accentuate and elevate two classic dessert recipes using Secolari® olive oils and balsamic vinegar. Class participants will taste and hear about the nutritional benefits of ancient grain einkorn flour in this unique class taught by Mary’s Land Farm Innkeeper, Julie Webb.
- Bake a 5” seasonal fruit pie to take home
- Taste multiple Secolari balsamic flavors on fresh baked pie
- Bake a 6” cake using their favorite Secolari oil to take home
- Learn how to make an einkorn pie crust using Secolari oil
- Understand how oil is often a better choice for baking than butter
- Enjoy the historic farmhouse Inn at Mary’s Land Farm
Earth’s first wheat, Einkorn, is more nutritious than modern wheats, and it contains a different type of gluten that is easier for most people to digest. Secolari® uses only healthy and fresh ingredients. With Secolari, herbs and spices are fused – or added at the first olive cold pressing – rather than infused after bottling as many retailers do. The fused difference comes through in taste, flavor and aroma.
Class runs from 1pm – 3pm followed by a visit to the Farm Store to enjoy a savings off your purchase.
We invite you to experience these healthy and unique flavors and look forward to hosting you at the Inn at Mary’s Land Farm!