The Wall Street Journal recently published an article titled, “The Health Menace Inside Your Sandwich,” and featured research that links processed meat to health problems, claiming that many doctors are now urging patients to skip deli meat, bacon and sausage.
Meats from Mary’s Land Farm do not contain any of the harmful chemicals included in that research nor do they contain fillers, high levels of added salt or sugar. In fact, our farm began nine years ago in direct response to health concerns engrained in factory farming and national food production. We raise and process nutritious foods responsibly.
Our grass-fed, grass-finished beef is raised on GMO-free, insecticide-free and herbicide-free pasture following beyond-organic principles. Our beef is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B6 and beta carotene, and provides 4x more Vitamin E, 10x more Vitamin A, 80% less total fat and 30% less cholesterol than grain-fed beef, which is typically used in processed sandwich meats, bacon and sausage. Our beef also has higher levels of conjugated linolenic acid, which may enhance muscle growth, reduce heart disease and lower the risk of cancer.
Some of our meats to consider:
- Uncured Pork Smoked Boneless Chipped Ham: fantastic in sandwiches, on toast, in omelets and in dishes that call for sliced meat. Thaw it in your refrigerator and it’s ready to eat right out of the package. It doesn’t have any of the harsh artificial curing chemicals recently found to be dangerous.
- Uncured Beef Sweet Bologna: great in lunch sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, cheese and mustard.
- Uncured Beef Franks (hotdogs): free from fillers and an appetite-satisfying more nutritious alternative to standard hotdogs. Simply warm these up until they reach your desired temperature to eat as they are fully cooked.
- Beef and Pork Sausage: offered in multiple flavors, loose or links – hot Italian, sweet, sage, maple and more. Ideal with breakfast, on the grill, in pasta sauces and baked beans or served with grilled vegetables, HEX sauerkrauts and kimchi or mac & cheese.
- Uncured Pork Canadian Bacon: cut from the loin portion of the pork, which is more lean than pork belly bacon. Fantastic on breakfast sandwiches and BLTs, served with eggs or to add flavor to soups, beans and casseroles.
The Farm Store is open daily and is well-stocked with meats, produce and local goods.