SPECIAL OFFER: From September 13th until September 30, 2021, receive 10% off all Secolari products at the Farm Store when you mention this blog. Valid only for in-store use and may not be combined with any other offers.
In 2019, Mary’s Land Farm acquired the Secolari Olive Oil and Vinegar business from the original owners, Bart and Mary deRosa, whey they retired. The name Secolari comes from the Italian word for “age old,” which pays homage to the ancient olive trees in the Mediterranean region (Did you know that some trees live up to 4,000 years?).
The velvety olive oils are:
- Sourced from small California growers, whose processes exceed those mandated by international standards
- Certified by the California Olive Oil Council, which is a non-profit certifying organization requiring the highest standards
- Unchanged and many are extra virgin
Plus, the flavored olive oils are fused rather than infused. The flavorings, including fresh fruit and herbs, are added while the olives are being pressed, not afterwards. (Note: the fused oils meet the same standards as the unflavored, yet are not able to be certified by the Certified by the California Olive Oil Council because they’re fused with flavor, which exists outside of the organization’s criteria.)
The piquant vinegars and balsamics are:
- Full-bodied and complex
- Produced in Italy (home to the famous Modena balsamics) and an organic farmer in California
- Unmodified with water, sweeteners, or dyes
Video: Overview of Secolari Olive Oil, Balsamics, and Vinegars